With our hectic schedules and daily routines, it’s becoming tougher to maintain a healthy lifestyle. Can you relate? When was the last time you took the time to take a stroll around your neighborhood? There’s no shortcut to a healthy body but my healthy body tips will help relieve tension and other issues. Staying or becoming healthy is the single most important thing you can do for your body.
- Start at the top- I look forward to my daily skincare routine because I know how important it is. Don’t forget to use a trusted sunscreen on a daily basis. Even if you aren’t planning on being in the sun long, it’s important to apply sunscreen. You should also keep your skin moisturized. I apply body lotion as soon as I dry myself after a shower. One trusted lotion that I recommend is AmLactin Ultra Hydrating Body Cream. Sometimes we forget that our neck should be included in our skincare routine. Use a good product like ANAITI neck and decollete cream once or twice a day. Eating right and drinking plenty of water helps keep our skin and face hydrated (and our brains).
- Vision and hearing– When was the last time you really thought about your eyes and ears? Today, we will. Wear sunglasses when exposed to the sun and listen to music at a medium to low volume so as not to affect your eardrum. Don’t forget to add sunscreen to your ears as well. Even if you are wearing a hat, chances are, our ears are exposed to the sun. Keep your eyes clean and avoid rubbing them if at all possible. Call and schedule your yearly vision and hearing exam if you haven’t already.
- Relax your mind– Music soothes my mind which helps me relax. I should say some music does. Soft music combined with scent therapy from a yummy-smelling candle do wonders for me. I’ve recently started yoga, meditation, and other exercises that help me relax my mind and body. I’ve found some exercises on YouTube that I try to do on a daily basis. I love that I can do yoga and other forms of meditation right in my home and at no cost to me. Did you know that our brains shrink as we age? One way to keep our brains from shrinking is to keep learning new things. I try to learn something new every week.
- Get heart-healthy- Our heart health has a lot to do with the activities that we perform. It reacts to everything we think and do. Our heart needs oxygen to pump and purify our blood. Regular exercise and small changes in our daily habits will help by increasing the blood flow in the vessels and veins. One thing that I have issues with is limiting my salt intake. I love salt and the more the better. I’ve been trying to cut back on my salt by using a salt substitute. I have to keep it on the table or I tend to grab my salt shaker.
- Let’s get stepping: I’ve recently taken the 30-day challenge. For 30 days I’m going to walk a mile a day. While the kids are out of school for the summer, they’ve been walking with me. I enjoy talking with them during this time and it’s a great way to connect to see what’s going on in their little minds. I never knew that walking could be such a relaxing part of my day. I no longer run due to failed back surgery and I miss it. For those of you that run and jog every day, run a mile for me.
There is equipment available which benefit almost all parts of our body. Check out treadmills and other health equipment on Amazon, Walmart, and all of your other trusted shopping sites if this is the route you want to go.
What do you do every day to stay healthy?