As working from the office is being brought back, many people are struggling to cope with long working hours. However, this also spells trouble for those dealing with stress, as it leads to burnout and fatigue. If you’re striving to have a more active lifestyle with the changing work dynamic, the best thing to do is by integrating better habits into your working routine. Take this blog as a helping guide for healthier working life.
- Straighten out your schedule: One of the biggest flaws of long working hours in the employment market is how they mess with your schedule. When you don’t have a personal routine but just stick to the one that helps you work the best, the other areas of your life tend to suffer. If you wish to live a happy and active life despite working a desk job, you need to take the time to create a healthy routine.
- Kick the cigarette butt: Yes, by this we mean to quit smoking cigarettes. It’s noted that hectic work sectors and industries have a mass tobacco problem. A lot of it attributes to workplace stress and coping mechanisms. However, smoking cigarettes can increase the levels of anxiety and get you addicted to tobacco, which brings about a myriad of respiratory illnesses. Instead, kick the habit out by resorting to healthier means. If you’re looking for anxiety-reducing ingredients there are CBD oils and more infused products that could be a better replacement. CBD also helps heal your psychological reactions to withdrawal, making the journey simpler.
- Take healthy breaks: In 2022, burnouts are probably the most common occurrence that all of us are experiencing. However, the only way to avoid reaching burnout is to take regular breaks to help your mind recalibrate. Burnout while working long hours is inevitable if you treat yourself like a machine. Take the time to unwind and breathe throughout the day to feel more motivated and less burnt out.
- Inculcate healthier habits: Include habits like stretching at regular intervals and taking the stairs instead of the elevator. These little things will serve you a long way even though they seem minuscule. Getting movement between long working hours will ensure that your body mobility does not get compromised. This will also help your muscles stay healthy and active, improving your metabolic rate. If you’re worried about gaining weight or having a protruding belly, take a short walk after your lunch at your workplace.
- Stay hydrated: Above everything, one of the reasons you’re feeling drained and tired before the clock hits noon is because you’re not hydrating enough. The lack of electrolytes and minerals in your body can make you feel groggy, reducing productivity. If you’re looking for a way to feel fresh throughout the day, drink lots of water. You can even have a CBD supplement to keep your body and mind rejuvenated.
Following these five pieces of advice will vastly improve your energy levels. You’ll also notice how you show up to work more motivated and energetic. Say goodbye to dreading workweeks! We hope this blog helped you form a positive relationship with your mind and body.