There is one game that I’ve never learned how to play (but it’s on my to-do list), and that’s Chess. I’ve always wanted to learn to play Chess mainly because it helps to develop learning skills. Plus I love playing all my favorite games and learning how to play new games. While I didn’t take the time to learn to play during my younger years, I still see it as a great game to learn to play even at my age. As we age, our brain shrinks (don’t fret, there are ways you can learn how to prevent it from shrinking). Not only should we all learn to play chess to develop learning skills, but it helps teach patience too. This is something I have to work on all the time. I don’t care who someone is, learning to be more patient is a plus (especially now when political rage is becoming the norm).
Not only adults can benefit from learning how to be calm under pressure, but so can children. I think teaching kids to learn to play chess at a young age can help them throughout life. Chess openings are fun and they definitely do good things for your children. I don’t want my grandkids to wait until they’re my age to decide to learn to play. It’s easier to learn things when you’re younger because brains store things differently than say someone my age.
For all of the reasons above, I was excited to find a Chess game for kids (and adults) that makes learning to play fun. Plus Story Time Chess can be taught to kids as young as three. Meaning, I can teach my neighbor’s kids and grandkids how to play as well. All the while learning myself. All the kids in the neighborhood head to my house when they want to play games. As I stated above, I love to play games and because we’re such a tight-knit community they know where to go for game night.
What can you expect your kids to learn from this game?
From the Manufacturer:
- Story Time Chess is based on a chess teaching method that has been utilized and perfected over the last 16 years through a New York City-based company called Chess at Three, which has successfully taught over 200,000 children in the last decade how to play chess through stories.
- Story Time Chess is the ONLY game in the world that can teach chess to children as young as three years old. Guaranteed to teach any person from age 3-103.
- Story Time Chess utilizes a cast of adorable characters through a series of fun and interactive stories in order to progressively teach children how to play chess. The stories focus on why chess pieces move in their own unique ways and are supported by activities that cement chess knowledge in your child’s mind.
- Story Time Chess requires no chess experience to play and is fun for both parents and children.
- Story Time Chess is highly rated on all online sites and was consumer voted #1 Toy of the Year (People’s Choice TOTY 2021). Story Time Chess has also won the following awards: Mom’s Choice Award, Brian Child Award, Parens Choice Award, Pal Top Ten Award, The National Parenting Center Seal of Approval, Hot Diggity Award Winner, & The Toy Insider Winner
If this game is something you think could benefit your entire family, and you’d like to purchase it, for your own kids, I’ve included an affy link below. If you decide to purchase Story Time Chess: The Game with my link, I will receive a small commission at no additional charge to you.
Story Time Chess. #1 Toy of the Year (People’s Choice TOTY 2021) – Read a story. Play Chess. Ages 3-103.