Do you remember the awkward slow dances that happened at every 8th-grade dance?
Chances are you’ve tried to block out those memories, but that doesn’t mean slow dances can’t be romantic! A couple’s first dance is magical, especially with the perfect song!
If you’re worried about choosing the perfect music for your wedding, you’re not alone. It’s an important part of every wedding and it helps to set the mood.
We’ve got you covered. Below is a guide to the best wedding songs in 2020!
The music chosen for the processional is typically more relaxed and harmonious. The wedding party will enter to the processional music and it’s meant to build up the excitement while creating a magical atmosphere.
The songs below will help you create that special moment.
- “Lucky” by Jason Mraz and Colbie Caillat
- “Kiss Me” by Ed Sheeran
- “Marry Me” by Train
- “Flower Duet” by Leo Delibes
- “Rhythm of Love” by Plain White T’s
Songs to Walk Down the Aisle To
You will always remember the moment you or your fiance walked down the aisle, so it’s important to choose a song that will match the vibe you’re looking for.
Instrumental tracks are often more popular for processional songs, but there are plenty of modern hits that work well too!
- “Canon in D” by Pachelbel
- “Clair de Lune” by Claude Debussy
- “Say You Won’t Let Go” by Boyce Avenue
- “Ave Maria” by Schubert
- “A Thousand Years” by Christina Perri
Many couples opt for a more light-hearted recessional song. After all, they’re married now—it’s time to celebrate with some upbeat music! The following songs are great for drawing out the initial excitement and joy of the ceremony before the cocktail hour begins.
- “Marry Me” by Bruno Mars
- “Paper Rings” by Taylor Swift
- “Everything” by Michael Bublé
- “All You Need is Love” by The Beatles
- “Something Just Like This” by The Chainsmokers (Feat. Coldplay)
Fun Wedding Party Entrance Songs
Wedding party entrance songs are usually popular tracks. Wedding party entrances are typically meant to be fun and entertaining, so many couples choose high-energy songs that their wedding party can dance to and create goofy entrances for!
- “Uptown Funk” by Mark Ronson (Feat. Bruno Mars)
- “Everybody (Backstreet’s Back)” by Backstreet Boys
- “Shut Up and Dance” by WALK THE MOON
- “Dynamite” by Taio Cruz
- “Beauty and a Beat” by Justin Bieber (Feat. Nicki Minaj)
Best Wedding Songs for a Couple’s First Dance
When engaged couples first start planning their weddings, many often already have a first dance song in mind.
It’s often a song that is special to the couple already or unique to them in some way.
But don’t worry if you and your loved one don’t have a special song already queued up! Below are some of the best wedding songs to have your first dance to!
- “Lover” by Taylor Swift
- “How Deep Is Your Love” by Bee Gees
- “Thinking out Loud” by Ed Sheeran
- “I’ll Have to Say I Love You in a Song” by Jim Croce
- “I Choose You” by Sara Bareilles
- “The Way You Look Tonight” by Frank Sinatra
Typically after food is served and the cake has been cut, the reception turns into a dance party. If you’re not sure where to take the music at this point, you can find a live band from a website like FindABand.com or hire a DJ to take the wheel.
Upbeat, high-energy songs are best for the reception, along with a couple of slow-dance songs thrown in here and there. If you aren’t sure what to put on your reception playlist, start with some of the songs below!
- “Timber” by Pitbull (Feat. Kesha)
- “DJ Got Us Falling In Love” by Usher
- “Shake It Off” by Taylor Swift
- “Cupid Shuffle” by Cupid
- “Dancing Queen” by ABBA
Creating a Magical Moment
Finding the best wedding songs might take weeks, but the payoff is worth it. With the perfect music, your special day will feel straight out of a movie! These songs will help you get started as you choose your music for the big day!
For more relationship articles, check out the rest of our site!
Like this Article? Subscribe to Our Feed!