Your teen will go through many religious milestones on their faith journey. From accepting Christ and baptism to life events such as graduation from middle/high school or college acceptance, these momentous occasions should be celebrated.
We’ve put together this list of Christian gifts for teens so you can find something your child will appreciate and treasure.
Why Christian Gifts for Teens Matter
The life of a Christian teenager is not easy in today’s secular-focused world. There are so many elements that try to pull them away from their faith. They face a lot of pressure to conform to other people’s values rather than Biblical ones.
So when they do stand strong and reach religious milestones, it’s important to recognize them.
These milestones can include a number of things:
- Becoming a Christian
- Going on a Christian retreat or mission trip
- Life events such as birthday, graduation, or college acceptance
The only problem is finding an appropriate gift they will like.
1. Awkward Styles Graphic T-Shirt
Christian apparel such as t-shirts and sweatshirts can be a good choice for both boys and girls.
It’s hard to go wrong with the Awkward Styles “He Is Risen” T-shirt. It comes in a variety of colors so there is sure to be one that your teen will like.
Of course, he or she doesn’t have to wait till Easter to wear it. It’s perfect for a youth group event, a retreat or mission trip, or just hanging out at home or with friends.
The cool design makes it nice casual streetwear, and it can be paired with either jeans or shorts. It’s made of 100% cotton so it’s soft and breathable, which will be appreciated on hot days.
Other apparel suggestions:
- Jesus Strong Hoodie
- We Love Because t-shirts (a great gift for girls)
- Cherished Girls t-shirts
- Faith Over Fear t-shirt
- Qrupoad Women’s V Neck “Faith” t-shirt
- TeeStars Christian Distressed White USA Flag – Cross Have Faith Hoodie
- Embroidered “Blessed” Adjustable Baseball Cap
There are plenty of options when it comes to Christ-inspired apparel. Just do a little research and you will find the perfect shirt or sweatshirt.
2. An Inspired Book Choice for Men and Women
Sometimes the best gift is a book that will challenge your teen to really think about his or her choices. You know the challenges they face from peers and the greater society at large. There are so many forces seeking to separate your child from God.
Rather than just one recommendation, we found this pair of books that are geared specifically for girls or guys.
- A Young Man’s Guide to Making Right Choices by Jim George
- A Young Woman’s Guide to Making the Right Choices by Elizabeth George
The chapters in both books present typical situations that teens face every day, from social media to peer pressure. A simulated teen is shown making the right choice and how he/she came to that conclusion.
Other book suggestions
- Teen to Teen: 365 Daily Devotions by Teen Guys for Teen Guys
- Teen to Teen: 365 Daily Devotionals by Teen Girls for Teen Girls
- Wired: A 4-Week Devotional for Studentsby Rodney & Sarah Anderson
- Wholehearted: A Coloring Book Devotional
- Foundations: New Testament – Teen Devotional
- You’re God’s Girl: A Devotional for Tweens / For Girls Like You by Wynter Pitts
- CSB Essential Teen Study Bible
- 100 Days Bible Study Book
- ESV Journaling Bible
Again, you can do some research to find the perfect book for your teens. You might even consider young adult Christian fiction if your teen reads for pure enjoyment.
Not all Christian teens may be interested in reading the bible or have the patience to understand the profound words in its passages. An excellent way to encourage them to take an interest in bible stories is by giving them a simplified version of the sacred book. The stories, characters, and messages are the same but told in a simpler and easy-to-digest way, so it’s easier for the reader to understand the lesson being conveyed. There are many simplified versions of powerful bible stories, and these are ideal for Christian teens who need a little guidance and inspiration as they go through some of the challenging times of being a teenager.
3. Jewelry For Girls and Guys
Give your teen something he or she will enjoy every time they wear it. Accessories like jewelry are one way to a girl’s heart. You can find more masculine gifts for boys, too. We have a suggestion for both guys and girls.
O.RIYA You Are Braver Than You Believe Necklace (for girls) – This stainless steel necklace is beautiful and durable. The face on the charm is stamped with the inspirational quote, “You’re braver than you know, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.”
Mealguet Black Religious ID Cross Bracelet (for boys) – This high-quality accessory has a masculine feel that will appeal to young men. It’s inscribed with the verse “With God all things are possible” from Matthew 19:26. It comes with an adjustable band so it can fit any size boy.
Other options for girls and boys:
- Kemmo Man’s Cross Leather Bracelet
- Jstyle 2 Pcs Stainless Steel Black Rubber Cross Bracelet
- Let Your Light Shine Silver Bracelet
- Ninaqueen Zirconia Engraved Charmengraved with Matthew 19:26
- Have Faith Rings
- Mustard Seed Necklace
- Brown genuine leather wallet with Jeremiah 29:11
These are only a few options. Be creative and find something your teen will cherish.
4. Keep Calm and Trust God Cards
Not everything has to be serious. You can find light-hearted gifts that will provide hours of enjoyment. The Keep Calm Trust God Cards offer both. The box set contains 51 double-sided cards featuring inspiring messages and verses.
The small box is perfect for taking on trips or you can put individual cards in a purse, pocket, wallet, or backpack.
Other fun options:
- Bible Verse Mouse Pad from Gild the Lilly with Song of Solomon 12:17
- Canvas Shoulder Bag with Matthew 5:9
- Christian Travel Mug with Proverbs 3:5 “Trust in the Lord”
- Reusable Plastic Water Bottles with a variety of inspirational verses
Remember, your gifts can be useful and fun.
5. Double Creek Throw Blanket
Whether a bedroom at home or a college dorm, teens love to make a space their own. The Double Creek Throw Blanket inscribed with Joshua 1:9 absolutely decorates a room.
The plush, warm throw is also perfect cuddling on the couch or in bed.
Other room décor:
- Will of God, Grace of God Decorative Wood Sign
- Bible Verse Art– Based on King James Bible scripture
- Psalm Stones from Stonebriar
Celebrate Your Teen With Faith-Inspired Gifts
Now more than ever, it’s important to shower teens with love and appreciation, especially when they experience religious milestones. These Christian gifts for teens will give you plenty of ideas to mark any special occasion.
Please explore our website for the latest news and resources on parenting, family issues, music, health and wellness, and recipes.