If you are experiencing back pain in Tampa, you are not alone – it is the leading cause of disability in the world. The comprehensive pain management team at Florida Pain Medicine, with locations in Tampa, Riverview, Brandon, Zephyrhills, and Wesley Chapel, provides the most advanced solutions for managing back pain for patients of all ages who have acute or chronic back pain. The team specializes in state-of-the-art interventional pain management procedures to relieve your pain and restore your function.
Causes of Back Pain
Back pain is mostly caused by three conditions and is likely to prevent you from completing your daily activities or from going to work. These three causes are failed back surgery syndrome, degenerative disc disease, and arthritis.
- Failed Back Surgery Syndrome (FBSS): This condition causes back pain in many adults. Recurring herniated discs and scar tissue after back surgery can put pressure on your spinal nerves and hamper your mobility. FBSS can be very painful and incapacitating if left unaddressed.
- Degenerative Disc Disease: This condition also causes severe back pain. When your soft discs between the vertebrae start deteriorating with age, they offer less cushion between your spinal bones. Usually, the vertebrae respond by intensifying your bone growth, called bone spurs. The spurs add pressure on the spine and trigger pain and inflammation.
- Arthritis: This is among the most common causes of back pain. As you grow older, your spinal bones can gradually degenerate and might squeeze nerves and other spinal supportive tissues. That results in pain and inflammation in your upper back, lower back, or anywhere the pain spreads.
Other back pain causes include:
- Skeletal problems
- Poor posture
- Auto injuries
- Sports injuries
- Strains or sprains from twisting or lifting heavy objects
- Kidney problems
These are just some of the factors that can lead to back pain. The best way to relieve your symptoms begins with a proper diagnosis.
Back Pain Treatment
Back pain treatment largely depends on the underlying causes. So, before the specialists at Florida Pain Medicine develop an individualized treatment plan for you, they undertake a comprehensive assessment to determine the root causes of your back pain, especially if your condition is chronic. Once they establish the cause, they enlighten you about their goals and suggest procedures that can assist in minimizing the symptoms of your pain.
The highly experienced and qualified team at Florida Pain Medicine specializes in interventional pain management. These procedures are intended to treat and manage your pain so that you can get back to your daily life. Some of the interventional treatments include:
- Kyphoplasty for treating fractures
- Medial branch blocks and facet injections
- Root blocks and selective epidural
- Spinal cord stimulation
- Peripheral nerve blocks
- Epidural injections
Factors that determine if you require surgery for your chronic back pain
Mostly, your physician only recommends surgery as the last option if all the other treatments have failed to provide long-term relief to your pain. Mostly, the experienced team of specialists at Florida Pain Medicine can restore your health using a combination of minimally-invasive procedures without the need to undergo surgery.
If you have chronic pain that has proved challenging to manage, contact them today to schedule an appointment for a consultation.
Like this Article? Subscribe to Our Feed!