Foot and ankle conditions may affect your mobility and agility. Precision Foot Care of New York is compliant with national safety standards to deliver quality care for visiting patients. If you need the best podiatrist in Midtown East, New York, book an appointment with John Jurcisin, DPM, ABPS, FACFAS for a fully personalized experience.
Services Offered at Precision Footcare
You may visit the Precision to receive treatment for:
- Sprained ankles. Rolling, twisting, or rolling your ankle unnaturally can sprain your ankle by tearing or stretching ligaments supporting your ankle bones in position. Dr. Jurcisin’s diagnostic tests for sprained ankles include MRIs, X-rays, and further diagnosis to facilitate a full recovery. Your treatment may include follow-up appointments, self-care, and the RICE (rest, ice, compression, and elevation of your ankle) protocol.
- Diabetic foot care. Diabetes causes poor circulation, foot ulcers, diabetic neuropathy, skin changes, calluses, or Charcot’s foot. If left untreated, small sores appearing on your feet may develop into large ulcers, while neuropathy may create the need for amputation. Dr. Jurcisin guides you towards a daily routine protecting you from diabetic foot complications. Preventive measures keep you safe from chronic complications that may affect your mobility.
- Arthritis. Precision Foot Care offers advanced treatment for different types of arthritis (rheumatoid arthritis, polymyalgia rheumatic, infectious arthritis, temporal arteritis, and other forms of vasculitis). Dr. Jurcisin’s treatment options include physical therapy and chiropractic care to alleviate pain and regain your mobility. Your treatment may overlap to handle inflammatory musculoskeletal diseases like irritable bowel disease, ulcerative colitis, and Crohn’s disease.
- Plantar fasciitis could manifest as chronic heel pain inhibiting your mobility when walking and during exercise. Dr. Jurcisin examines your foot, performs an imaging test (X-ray or MRI), and reviews your medical history and your daily activities to rule out the source of your pain. Understanding the root cause of the pain helps your provider draft a personalized treatment plan. Your treatment includes custom shoe inserts, steroid injections, and physical therapy.
- Neuromas. Walking with a stone or other foreign particle in your shoe may cause a neuroma. Dr. Jurcisin considers specific causes of your neuromas to determine the best treatment. Your treatment may comprise taping or padding, anti-inflammatory drugs, custom shoe inserts, or podiatric surgery. In case of symptoms like swelling between toes, foot numbness, tingling, or pain in the ball of your foot, contact Precision Foot Care immediately.
- The Achilles tendon affects athletes and non-athletes alike. Your treatment may comprise elevating your injury or applying ice to reduce inflammation. Advanced treatment options include minimally invasive laser treatments and anti-inflammatory drugs to address specific symptoms affecting your life’s quality and mobility. An athletic wrap offers adequate support and relieves pressure in your ankle and tendon. Recurrent infections and injuries may call for surgical interventions to rectify specific injuries.
- Bunions. If your big toe moves out of place, you may need professional medical assistance before you can take a walk in your favorite shoes. Going forth, you should refrain from wearing too-tight shoes. Treatment focuses on relieving pressure on the big toe joint by wearing appropriate shoes, protective padding, shoe inserts, orthotics to keep your feet in proper position and to stabilize the joints, or bunionectomy for significantly misaligned toes.
If you’re battling some of the conditions highlighted above, reach out to Precision Footcare for personalized treatment. Contact the practice to make an immediate appointment between 7 am and 7 pm from Monday to Friday.