Today is National Splurge Day. Wait! What? There’s a day for that? There is. There really is. I would never joke about splurging. Having recently returned from a long-awaited vacation, I have to admit that I splurged more than I had planned to. Keeping this in mind, I decided that I would use today to splurge on simple pleasures instead of purchases. I’ve compiled a list of my secret pleasures that I fully intend to embrace throughout the day.
1. I will drink Texas Pecan coffee all day long that I stocked up on at H-E-B in Texas. Why oh why can’t they make a branch in Georgia?!?!
2. I’m going to soak in a tub of baking soda to help ease the irritation and itching I have from sun poison. Only I would choose a beach vacation knowing I’m allergic to the sun. I do it as often as possible because I love the beach that much.
3. I’m going to make a chocolate milkshake and not feel guilty about the unwanted calories. I’m going to drink every last slurp with my favorite reusable straw.
4. I’m going to take my coffee outdoors to my bistros table and enjoy sitting and doing absolutely nothing. I may even put my feet up and doze off.
5. I’m going to watch Little Women which is a new Netflix release as of today. I read the book a long, long, time ago and it was one of my favorite novels.
6. I’m going to avoid my washing machine. I plan to pretend I don’t see it in passing. I did enough laundry on vacation to allow me to avoid doing any for a day or two. Am I the only one that likes to do laundry so I don’t get behind while traveling?
7. I’m going to make darling money turtle shapes to add to the gifts I bought for Alyssa for taking care of my turtles while I was away. I might even learn to make new shapes to give as Birthday gifts. Or just because gifts.
8. I’m going to slather my new Bath & Body Works lotion on myself from head to foot. Even though I’m an itching fool at the moment. The scent is absolutely calming and delicious.
9. I’m going to help Abby paint shells that we brought back from our trip to hide around town, instead of rocks.
10. I’m going to make the BIGGEST hamburger for dinner with loads of onions, and I will eat every bite. I will be dining alone tonight and hamburgers are one of my top favorite foods. I don’t eat beef as much as I’d like to because the kids prefer chicken over everything.
I’d love to know in a comment how you will spend your own National Splurge Day.