Having good dental hygiene is not only about your impression of other people. You are likely to experience extensive health issues with poor oral hygiene than your unpleasant smile. The presence of some oral problems like periodontal disease or tooth decay will affect several body parts, including your vital organs like the heart. Dr. Phillip Chien and his team of dental experts offer their patients modern dental services that cut across all ages. Thanks to these experts’ high-quality oral care, you are assured of committed attention and personalized service.
The various dental services offered at Sunshine Dental Inc. include:
Not every general dentist qualifies as a family dentist. This professional is trained to offer you and your family specialized dental needs at every stage. Having a family dentist means that every member of your family will have professional access to their dental health regardless of age. Like adults, children too have dental needs that need specialized care. Starting from the onset of baby teeth to adolescence age, your children will benefit from the various services your family dentist will offer.
Services offered by your specialized doctor are mostly preventive dentistry and oral hygiene. However, some of these experts also provide dental surgeries, orthodontia, and cosmetic dentistry. Common services your doctor will offer you include:
- Dental hygiene education
- Routine cleaning and examination
- Gum disease and cavity treatments
- Dental sealants and fluoride treatments
A dental hygienist works hand-in-hand with your dentist to help you achieve your desired oral health. The hygienist helps your doctor with several services including diagnosing, treating, and managing your oral health. The most common duties of the specialist include:
- Treatment. Being your dentist’s co-pilot, your dental hygienist will help your dentist apply preventive treatments like sealants and fluoride.
- X-rays and impressions. When your dentist needs a more detailed impression of your tooth, it is the dental hygienist who is responsible for taking the X-rays.
- This professional also helps your doctor administer anesthesia or remove sutures during a dental procedure.
- They also help take and develop your mouth’s digital imaging.
- Your hygienist tasks the duty of educating you on how to take care of your dental health to prevent you from developing severe oral problems like gum disease.
- Cleaning. Your hygienist is responsible for removing stains, plaque, and tartar from your teeth.
Having stained teeth is detrimental to your social smile and will potentially affect how you smile. You are likely to have stained teeth because of several factors, including the use of tobacco products and aging. However, your doctor can reverse the discoloration using various methods. Some of these ways the team of professional dentists at Sunshine Dental Inc. uses include the Phillips zoom and whitening trays.
During the Phillips zoom procedure, your dentist will protect your gums by covering them before gently applying hydrogen peroxide to your teeth’ surface. The whitening agent bleaches the stain and breaks it up, making it easy for the LED technology to whiten your teeth.
Whether you like it or not, your smile is most likely to be judged in any social setting. Rid yourself of covering up your mouth when you smile because of a dental issue that dental experts can fix. Book an appointment today or contact the dental experts today for more information.
Photo by Sora Shimazaki from Pexels