Working out regularly is a wonderful habit. It helps keep your body in shape as well as enhance mental clarity and improve concentration. But do you know that it’s equally important to wear the right clothes such as ryderwear while doing your stretches, pilates or yoga? Well, the right kind of workout clothes not only provides comfort but also see to it that you’re able to optimize the benefits of your workout session.
Choosing a proper attire to don to your yoga classes can be difficult for most, as it depends on the type of yoga you’ll be practicing. While some of them require cotton clothes to absorb the sweat, some others may need even less clothing.
Understanding your clothing requirements for yoga classes is essential to avail the following benefits:
- Appearance – In this materialistic world, appearance does play a key role to increase motivation for any activity. If you look good while working out in the gym, or your yoga class, you’ll automatically get motivated to give your best. Needless to say, the gym looks of celebrities have become quite popular in social media because of their carefully chosen attires.
- Comfort – Proper clothes ensure the right level of comfort. If you wear casuals to yoga classes, the chances of wear and tear or discomfort may increase. Besides, the right kind of fabric will prevent bacteria growth due to dust and sweat.
- Motivation – Buying yoga clothes will give you a motivation boost to attend your classes regularly. When you invest in new clothes, you’ll be keener to show them off in style.
Different types of yoga clothes available in the market
As mentioned earlier, various yoga postures require the right set of clothing to ensure comfort and maximize the benefits. The following list of yoga clothes will give you an idea:
- Yoga Pants (Leggings) – A pair of comfy yoga pants is a pretty good investment. Apart from donning it to the yoga classes, you can also wear it to the market, while taking a casual stroll across the park or at home. However, finding the best yoga pants will require some research on the breathability of the fabric, style, comfort, and durability. Moreover, choosing the right size is also important to ensure the best fit.
- Yoga Shorts – Convenience can be an issue while buying yoga shorts. Certain poses may make you feel uncomfortable, as the shorts won’t offer much coverage. But they can be a good fit for hot yoga sessions, where you need to don minimum clothes to ensure comfort. Buy a tight pair of shorts of superior material so that the fabric doesn’t wear away with time. It’s best to avoid see-through materials while shopping for yoga shorts.
- Yoga Jackets – If you’re working out in a cooler climate, you should invest in comfy jackets or sweaters to avoid catching a cold due to sweating. Keep in mind the essential factors like breathability, comfort, and fittings just like the rest of the yoga attire.
- Yoga Tops – Most yoga enthusiasts prefer tight-fitting tank tops or snug T-shirts as their yoga tops. This kind of narrow-fit clothes doesn’t fall over your head while trying out some postures. If you’re wondering about the kind of fabric you should opt for, go for a light, flexible one that won’t interfere with your stretching and bending.
How to choose the right yoga attire?
The first two things that you should keep in mind is comfort and convenience. A fabric or a style that suits someone else may not be right for you. You should be aware of your comfort needs and choose the clothes accordingly. Let’s give you some tips.
- Pick a top with maximum coverage – Unless you’re doing hot yoga and feel more comfortable in a pair of leggings and sports bra, you should buy a top that offers maximum coverage while you work out. You don’t want to keep tugging at your shirt while trying those difficult postures, do you?
- Invest in a good sports bra – Buying a lightweight sports bra is recommended for doing yoga, as it maintains proper air circulation and prevents excessive sweating. It’s best of you can get your hands on a tank top with a built-in bra. If you are big-breasted, you can also try the bralettes for large bust from EBY.
- Choose the right pair of yoga pants – You’re spoilt with choices when it comes to yoga pants. They can be stretchable, body-hugging, high-waist, fold-over, ankle-length or flare-bottoms, so buy one that suits your needs and preferences.
- Headband – If you have long hair, a headband will prove more than just an accessory in your yoga sessions. It’ll keep those long tresses in position and also prevent hair fall to some extent.
Investing in the right set of clothes for your yoga classes is not a luxury, but a necessity. If you’re constantly distracted by the folds and fringes of your clothes, you won’t be able to concentrate on your workout. Hence, make sure you rock your workout look without compromising on comfort and convenience.