Your face may have flaws like large pores and uneven skin pigmentation at some point in your life. As you age, you may experience stretchy skin, affecting your self-image and lowering your confidence. The use of skincare regimes such as cleaning your face twice a day may not be of much help. This is where you may require a Bowling Green Microneedling Specialist to help improve your facial appearance.
What is micro-needling used for?
Micro-needling is a non-invasive cosmetic procedure used to treat different facial concerns by creating controlled micro-injuries that stimulate your skin to produce more collagen. This procedure is used to treat and improve conditions such as:
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Age spots
- Large pores
- Uneven skin tone
- Loose skin
- Brown spots
While this process is commonly used for the face, you can use it on other parts of your body, such as your stomach and thighs, to improve or reduce stretch marks.
Benefits of micro-needling
- This treatment reduces aging signs by stopping wrinkles and fine lines from forming on your face.
- Micro-needling improves your skin’s appearance by eliminating stretch marks on your body.
- Boosts your self-image and confidence.
Preparation for micro-needling
Before the procedure, your dermatologist will examine you to ensure you are a good candidate for micro-needling. You may not be eligible for this process if:
- You are pregnant
- You have an open wound.
- You’ve had radiation treatment recently.
- You have skin diseases such as psoriasis or eczema.
Your doctor at Sky Vein & Aesthetics may give you several instructions that will ensure a successful outcome, for example:
- Avoid products such as topical retinoids because they may increase your skin sensitivity.
- Do not take anti-inflammatory drugs such as ibuprofen, as they may interfere with your recovery process.
- Avoid shaving during the day of treatment to avoid skin irritation.
- Avoid taking herbal drugs since they cause blood thinning.
Before the procedure, your specialist may clean your skin to get rid of any skin products like makeup and lotion.
Before the process, your specialist will apply a topical anesthetic on your skin to reduce pain during the procedure.
Using a handheld tool, your doctor will move the device across your skin evenly, causing minimal pricking and triggers your skin to produce more collagen. Your doctor may take 30 minutes to complete treatment.
After micro-needling, your doctor will apply soothing serum to reduce pain.
It is normal to experience skin irritation and redness after the procedure. However, you may need to contact your doctor when you have side effects such as:
- Swelling and bruising
Care guidelines after the procedure
Your specialist may send you home with care instructions to observe during recovery. For example:
- Apply sunscreen and avoid prolonged exposure of your skin to sunlight during the first two weeks.
- Take painkillers prescribed by your doctor.
- Do not take anti-inflammatory medication after micro-needling.
You can enhance your appearance and self-confidence by removing blemishes from your face. Book an appointment with your specialist at Sky Veins & Aesthetics to improve your facial skin condition.