Wow, can you believe that not only is a new year upon us, but the first month of the year is already almost gone? Time flies faster and faster the older I get. Before the month gets totally out of my hands, I wanted to share a few purchases I made that I don’t regret. And yes, sometimes I do make purchases on the spur of the moment and regret them later. Don’t we all? Some of the links are affiliate links. Which means that I will make a small commission off of the sale if you use my link to order (at no additional cost to you of course).
1. We Were the Lucky Ones: A Novel. It shouldn’t come as a surprise to anyone that knows me that a book would have been my first purchase. I love to read and I do it on a daily basis. I can’t imagine going to bed without a book. While I do love eBooks at times, I want to hold a book and turn the pages when I read at home. I picked this book off of the New York Times bestseller list and I’m not giving anything away about it. No sir, not a thing. And yes, you should definitely read it.
2. I bought freshwater fish for my aquariums from Aquarium Fish Sale. I decided to get out one of my empty aquariums and set it up. I’ve been meaning to do that since I moved and was able to get to them easier. I’ve had a lot of back pain this winter, even more so than usual, which is a lot and watching the fish always helps to relieve stress. I specifically wanted an aquarium in my home office where I spend a lot of my time. I do have more scattered about my home but I wanted at least one near me at all times. I’ve never bought fish online before but getting out and about has been difficult with my pain lately so I thought it was worth a shot. Minus 1 that arrived deceased in route and 2 that passed away the day of and the day after, I would call my fish shopping a success. They sent extra fish as well as pregnant fish which was really surprising. I will be buying more from them in the months to come for other aquariums I want to add to.
3. I actually bought 3 different lights from Brightech. I was feeling a bit blah and I knew that lighting would help with my winter blues. And I was right. I purchased two of them from their website and the third one I found on Amazon. These aren’t the only lamps I purchased this month, but they are the only ones worth mentioning. I love each and every one of them, even though they are so different from each other. I bought a Circle USB, a Helix and a Brightech Olivia lamp.
4. Butcher Box meat delivery service. I do most of my shopping online and it just made sense to me, to try a meal delivery service that offers quality meats, that are organic as well. I got enough meats for 24 meals and I couldn’t be happier. Their meats do not contain antibiotics or hormones and their animals are humanely raised. I was impressed with their meats and enjoyed free salmon from using a promo code I found online. BTW if you order from my link, we both will receive 2 lbs of free salmon. I can vouch for the fact that it tastes fresh and delicious.
5. Foreside Pot Wall Planter. I probably shouldn’t add this to my list yet as it’s still being made. When I first looked at this apartment, the only thing I could focus on in the kitchen was the fact that I would have a blank wall to attach a garden wall to, to grow my herbs. I have a green thumb and I love to cook with fresh herbs. And that was good enough for me to make this purchase. I will update a photo of it when it’s sitting pretty on my wall so be sure to bookmark this post to come back.