Once the heatwaves begin to make getting out a bit difficult, the old skincare regime may break you out into rashes or a lot of pimples. During the winter and part of the spring season, using denser and oil-based products give us great moisturizing protection. However, once the winter draft is chased away by the heat, you no longer need them. One mistake that many people make in their routine is to keep using their winter skincare products to finish them even when the season is clearly over. Today, We’re going to help you with tips that can help establish a better routine for your summer months so that you sport a healthy glow throughout.
- Skip the oil cleanser in the heat: We know that oil-based cleansers are all the rage at the moment, but please understand that it is widely practiced in cultures that are homogeneous in terms of skin and weather. Due to the heat mixed with oils on your skin, your pores may get inflamed and infected, leading to pustules or acne. To avoid this, store the oil-based products for the rains, where the weather cools, and allow for such ingredients to work more effectively. Instead, start using a foaming cleanser that can help with oil control with ingredients like salicylic acid.
- Don’t waste extra dollars on toners: Using astringents and toners is recommended in the skin care routine that is over 9 steps long. However, most products today have toning properties, making this a redundant purchase. Instead, spend well on serums that will eliminate the free radicals from your skin. You don’t have to worry about toners in the summer and can use an ice cube to shrink pores on your face before applying any product or makeup.
- Use skincare products with antioxidants: Vitamin C and similar ingredients found in serums, as well as creams, can help with increasing the skin cells’ lifecycles. What this does is help your face look fresh and flush without any dead cells accumulating. If you wish to battle hyperpigmentation during the summers, using antioxidant-rich creams or patches will help you lighten certain dark spots or sunspots.
- Be generous in your usage of SPF: We recommend wearing sunscreen throughout the year, but wearing it, especially during the summer is a must. Your delicate skin can absorb UVA and UVB rays very easily, which can increase the risks of burns, rashes, redness, or even skin cancer. To protect yourself, always apply sunblock over 50+ SPF at least 30 minutes before leaving home. Reapply after every two hours.
- Add soothing aloe to your routine: Sometimes, getting minor redness and tan lines are inevitable. However, nature has a wonderful remedy to heal any such skin woes. Aloe extracts, be it the packaged gel, or naturally extracted from the garden, can be a gamechanger for your skincare. USe it as a face pack, moisturizer, hair mask, and more.
Taking good care of your skin is imperative to look and feel youthful for a long time. A consistent routine can offer a way to help recover your skin’s texture, elasticity, and glow. We hope you stay cool and hydrated this summer!