Whether you are celebrating a special occasion such as a birthday or engagement, or simply want an excuse to invite a few friends round for some drinks, you can’t go wrong with a garden party. Perfect for sunny afternoons and cool evenings, inviting loved ones for a garden party is a great way to reconnect after spending the past year apart and can also prove to be a lot of fun.
However, as with any party, a garden party also requires some planning ahead of time. With that in mind, here are some top tips that you can use to plan the perfect garden party.
- Choose the date effectively. Garden parties work best when the weather is nice – and while this isn’t always easy to predict, paying attention to local weather reports can help you get off on the right foot. However, you should also put some precautions in place to combat bad weather. For example, you could set up a canopy to shelter from the rain.
- Give your garden a makeover. It’s likely that you spend some time cleaning your home whenever you plan to invite guests over. Therefore, you should also spend a bit of time freshening up your garden ahead of time too. This can easily be achieved by mowing the lawn, tidying up plants and flowers, and removing weeds.
- Get some new garden furniture. You can’t host a garden party without the tools – and that includes garden and patio furniture, alongside a killer-BBQ that will help take your meals to the next level. Thankfully, you can often buy all of this in one place through reputable companies such as BBQGuys.
- Put together a menu. Once you’ve got your hands on a new BBQ or grill, it’s time to put together a menu. Thankfully, there are plenty of BBQ meal ideas for every budget and preference for you to try your hand at. Remember that the best menus are varied – so be sure to mix it up a little and provide your guests with plenty of options to choose from. You should also check ahead of time if any of your guests have special dietary requirements that you need to take into consideration.
- Make it a potluck party. If you’re a big foodie, you could make your garden party a pot-luck party and have each guest bring along different food and drink to share with the group. This way, you can focus on the grilling and won’t have to worry about side dishes.
- Put together a playlist. The right music choices can make or break a party. Therefore, in addition to getting your hands on some outdoor speakers, you might also want to spend some time curating the perfect party playlist. If you don’t want the entire responsibility on your shoulders, ask each guest to send in a song request ahead of time. This way, there will be at least one song that each guest enjoys.
- Freestanding Gas Grills
- Built-In Gas Grills
- Pellet Grills
- Kamado Grills
- Grill Accessories
- Outdoor Kitchen Storage
- Outdoor Compact Refrigerators
- Outdoor TVs
- Fire Pits
- Patio Furniture