Summer is on its way out, but that doesn’t mean you have to pack up the grill just yet. Before the chill sets in, you should cook at least one more dinner. Out of ideas?
Here are some yummy BBQ dinner ideas for everyone.
Grilled Pineapple Chicken
Chicken is, of course, a classic recipe and one of the best proteins to grill. Celebrate summer flavors with this grilled pineapple chicken recipe:
- 1 cup of unsweetened pineapple juice
- 3/4 cup of ketchup
- 1/2 cup of soy sauce
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 2 cloves of minced
- 1 tablespoon of minced ginger
- 1 pound of boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon of vegetable oil
- 1 cut pineapple, sliced into rings & halved
- Green onions for garnish
Add all of the ingredients and chicken to a bag or container with a lid and leave to marinate for 2 hours, at least, or even overnight. Start the grill and turn the heat to high and brush grates and chicken with oil. Let cook for 8 minutes on each side and serve with grilled pineapple and top with green onions.
If you have a charcoal grill, moderating the heat may be an issue. I order to get the perfect char, you need even heat distribution. This is one of the reasons why propane is better for cooking; for more information, check out this article.
Grilled Cauliflower Steaks
Not a meat-eater? No problem. Here’s a recipe for vegetarians and vegans who enjoy BBQ.
- 2 heads of cauliflower, large
- 2 tablespoons olive or avocado oil
- 2 cloves of minced garlic
- Zest and juice from 2 whole lemons
- 1 teaspoon of honey or agave syrup
- 2 teaspoons of salt – divided
- 1/4 teaspoon of red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup of fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup of toasted walnuts, chopped
- Lemon wedges for garnish
Prep the cauliflower and cut 1 1/2 inch thick “steaks” from each head. Mix oil, lemon juice and zest, minced garlic, and honey/agave and brush and salt each side of the steaks. Place on the grill, cook each side for 5 minutes, plate and top with walnuts, red pepper flakes, and parsley.
Grilled Garlic-and-Black-Pepper Shrimp
There’s no better combination than garlic and shrimp, especially when it’s garlic-and-black-pepper shrimp cooked on the grill. For this recipe, you’ll need:
- 1 fresh, grated red chile
- 3 grated garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon of black pepper
- 1 tablespoon of lime juice
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 1 pound of shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Salt for seasoning
- Lime wedges and chili powder or paprika to serve
Combine grated red chile, lime juice, and oil in a bowl and add shrimp. Put shrimp on skewers, season with salt, and place on medium-high heated, oiled grill. Grill for 5 minutes, turning once, plate with lime wedges and chili powder.
BBQ Dinner Ideas For Everyone
You don’t have to break the bank to make these great BBQ dinner ideas. These options are great for meat-eaters, vegans, and fans of seafood alike. Share your BBQ ideas in the comments.
Don’t forget to check out the rest of our posts on our site for more great content like this!