Many of us suffer from dehydrated skin. It can leave our skin chronically red, uneven, or even tight. It is certainly not an uncommon issue. The first thing is to determine your skin type. Remember that there are 3 types of skin:
- Oily skin – the result of an upheaval of excess sebum with a more or less significant shine area on the forehead, nose, and chin.
- Dry skin – consequence of a significant drop in sebum, invisible and natural protection of the skin.
- Combination skin – oily skin on the forehead and nose and dry on other parts of the face.
Severely dehydrated skin is not uncommon. And it is quite possible that a person with oily skin could have dehydrated skin. Is it frequent? Unfortunately, yes. But there are many ways to get rid of this dehydrated skin. Here are some tips that will assist you in your quest.
1. Know The Reason For Your Dehydration
Dehydrated skin is very uncomfortable for us. It is absolutely not synonymous with “dry skin” because oily skin can also feel dehydration, especially on the cheekbones or around the eyes. Dehydrated literally means that the epidermis is deprived of a significant amount of water. Water ensures the elasticity and nourishment of our skin. We have listed 4 reasons why our skin gets dehydrated:
- Abuse of anti-acne products: anti-acne or special creams “fight against excess sebum” gradually destroy the hydration of the skin, especially if they are used morning and evening, 365 days a year.
- Remove makeup or wash your skin aggressively: Washing your face is good, it is a little less aggressive. Removing makeup or cleaning your face by rubbing anything on the skin attacks the latter.
- Do not moisturize at all: Having oily skin leads some people to think that the less you apply day cream, the more the skin will lose its shine. However, skin without moisturizer is skin without protection. The cold, the pollution, and the wind gradually weaken the source of water in your skin.
- Confuse nourishing cream and moisturizer: A nourishing cream, as the name suggests, nourishes the skin. Dehydrated skin does not need extra nourishment, but does need water. Putting on and putting on nourishing cream will not solve the problem, on the contrary. Oily skin will become more greasy and react badly and dry skin will become greasy without any relief.
Use Hydrating Night Masks
Overnight moisturizing masks are the little skincare news we absolutely needed! A revolution for our dehydrated skin. It is a shock treatment to be used 2 to 3 times a week to rejuvenate the skin. By applying it, a film deposited on the face will be absorbed by the skin slowly and gradually. This film is a mixture of active ingredients. Unlike the others, this mask does not rinse off immediately after application, but the next day. When you wake up, your skin is smooth and boosted like never before. The skin is completely hydrated and does not require a lot of effort in the morning then.
Make Natural Products Its Beauty Products
There is nothing better than nature to beautify us. Nature is full of plants, fruits, and vegetables which have this ability to be good for our body but secretly also for our skin. These mixtures that we concoct allow us to save our money and to avoid as much as possible the risk of a bad skin reaction or an allergic reaction. Different natural products have benefits for the skin:
- Jojoba oil: Jojoba oil deeply hydrates and regulates excess sebum. It is an oil that does not grease the skin and is also approved in the fight against pimples and blackheads. Apply and massage 1 to 2 times a week with pure jojoba oil on the entire face.
- Honey: Honey is the natural beauty trick used since the dawn of time. It hydrates our skin thanks to its high sugar content which facilitates the maintenance of water within the epidermis. Non-greasy, it regulates sebaceous secretion and in the long term erases acne pimples. Mix 3 tablespoons of olive oil and 2 tablespoons of honey. Add a little cinnamon then apply on a dry and cleansed face. Leave on your face for 5 minutes then wash it off.
- Cucumber: Cucumber is perfect for moisturizing the skin because it is 95 % water. Filled with vitamin C, it also deeply purifies the epidermis and smoothes the skin texture. Peel and seed the cucumber. Mix it by adding 2 tablespoons of yogurt. Apply it all over the face and let sit for 15 minutes. Rinse with plenty of water.