Chocolate Mousse…mmm! Chances are rare that you don’t fancy this super-delicious dessert after an equally delicious dinner at a fine dining restaurant. Or, even at a casual dinner party with friends at home. Such is the charm of this magical after-dinner dessert that it’s perfect for any occasion, anytime, anywhere. And, if you’re a vegan, there’s no need to be disappointed either because you can now make your own vegan variation of this world-famous dessert at home in just minutes.
Recipe for Vegan Chocolate Mousse
Let’s not keep you craving any longer. Directly jumping on to this lip-smacking dessert of all times, for all age groups, and the best of all canned coconut milk dessert recipes.
What You’d Need for Coconut Milk Mousse
- Dairy-free dark chocolate – 100 g
- Salt – a pinch
- Cocoa/cacao powder – 4 tbsp.
- Vanilla extract – 2 tsp.
- Maple syrup/coconut nectar/any other liquid sweetener – 4 tbsp.
- Coconut milk (400 ml) – 2cans
How to Prepare Coconut Milk Chocolate Mousse
- Shake the coconut milk cans and open them. Pour all of the milk into a large bowl. Whisk the milk well until combined.
- Now put the cocoa/cacao powder, a pinch of salt, vanilla extract, and sweetener in the bowl and whisk all the ingredients well until blended.
- You may choose to use an electric whisk for ease of convenience. If using a hand-held whisk, make sure you whisk well until the mix begins to thicken slightly. Also, keep scraping off the mixture from the sides of the bowl using a spoon to make sure that the entire mix is combined well.
- The mix should have now thickened but should still be of pourable consistency. Pour this mix into serving dishes of your choice and place them in the fridge for at least 2 hours to set well.
- Remove from fridge. Before serving, chop the chocolate bits finely and sprinkle them on top of the mousse. You can easily preserve the left-over mousse in the fridge for a few days.
It’s difficult to stop at just vegan chocolate mousse, you should also try belgian dark chocolate mousse. There are so many delicious desserts in the world that can never be enough. The good news? There are plenty of them for the vegan sweet tooth too. Here’s a brief description of some of the vegan desserts that can be made from the vegan milk alternatives and enjoyed anytime.
- Almond Milk Chocolate Banana Ice Cream – The best part about this ice cream is that it’s made without a trace of dairy! Yes, you read it right – ice cream without dairy and practically only bananas! This means that you can cut down on all those extra calories contributed by sugar. Plus, it’s chocolaty too so kids are going to love it all summer long.
- Fluffy 1-Bowl Sugar Cookies –It’s a perfect combo of vegan + gluten-free advantage – a complete healthy dessert that’s rare to find. Its specialty is that you can layer these cookies up one on top of the other in a single bowl while serving. It’s unique in presentation for your guests and equally unique in taste too. Plus, you can make your cookies in any color you like to make a colorful tree-like shape.
- Coconut snowballs – Another feather in the cap for vegan dessert recipes with coconut milk, these balls are gluten-free, nut-free, dairy-free, and totally vegan! Plus, it’s got the additional health factor contributed by coconut. Plus, it looks appealing in the shape of snowballs! You definitely want to try out this recipe.
- Black Bean Brownies – Brownies and vegan + gluten-free? Yes, they’re for real. Not to forget, they come with the precious offering of some of the most vital nutrients – fiber, omega-3, and more. You can even preserve them in the freezer for up to a month to relish them anytime you like or to share with friends at a home party.
- Dark Chocolate Truffles – This 2-ingredient recipe is extremely simple to make and vegan too. So, health, taste, and ease of preparation all combined together in a single package! Just vegan chocolate and coconut milk and you’re all set to enjoy these tasty truffles in no time.
- Peanut Butter Cookie Bars – A cookie bar that doesn’t need butter, eggs or cream. Yes, it’s perfectly possible to create this amazing snack to enjoy anytime when you feel hungry. You can even make your own variation by sprinkling chocolate chips over it to enjoy a chocolaty touch to these bars.
So you see vegan desserts aren’t difficult to find, make or enjoy. Just because you’re vegan or have decided to take this bold step for the betterment of you and the world around you, no reason to deprive yourself of the sweet pleasures of life. Try these lip-smacking vegan desserts today.