There are many articles out there that talk about how women can take better care of themselves and those articles are fantastic. They make women feel good about themselves and give them guidance about how they can utilize self-care practices to feel and look beautiful inside and out. The big question you might be asking yourself, though, is what about the guys?
You boys out there still need secrets to keep yourselves moisturized, clean and healthy, from the organic beard oil you’ll use to the exfoliator for your skin. The main issue is that many men out there don’t believe it’s “manly” to take care of their skin and hair. Well, there is nothing manlier than a man who knows how to look after himself. It’s not always easy to find what works, however, which is why you need to start looking closer at the five tips below. By the end of this article, you’ll know where to start!
- Start with your hair and how it makes you feel. Whether you are donning Thor-like tresses or you have a skinhead courtesy of the 1970s mods, your hair needs care! Ditch those Supercuts haircuts and start going to a barber who will look after the hair on your whole head: including the beard. They can point you in the direction of the right products to use and how to take better care of both. A barber can also offer you a treat of a clean shave; once a month for a hot flannel shave? Absolutely!
- Next, move to your skin. The skin is the largest organ in the body so it makes sense that you would want to showcase it and prove your youth to the world. When you don’t take care of your skin properly, you are going to end up with dried out, aged skin that is older before its time. All you need is a good face wash and a moisturizer to follow it up with. Something to clean and something to plump and you’re done.
- Think about your hygiene. Some of this is common sense stuff: using dental floss and daily showers, for example. However, don’t miss out on sorting your eyebrows and keeping your fingers and toenails clean. You’ll be a happier, cleaner man as a result!
- Move more. You do not need a six pack to be taking care of your body. In fact, you don’t need to push for a lean physique at all. Instead, you need to move more and keep your heart healthy. Your body deserves to be well taken care of and the best way to do that is to make sure that you are getting out for a walk every day at the minimum. If you want to go to the gym, go!
- Upgrade your style. As we get older, our tastes and styles change dramatically. From skinny jeans and converse shoes to straight jeans with black shoes and a shirt, you’re going to age with your clothes. Upgrade your style to match how you feel about yourself in life. You won’t regret it.