Image Source: Pixabay
You probably took up motorcycle riding in your late teens, which was the start of a lifelong love affair with bikes, and now you are thinking that your kids are just about ready to start riding. Before you do anything, you need to think about certain aspects; perhaps it isn’t the best idea to introduce your kids to a technology that is on its way out, namely the internal combustion engine. Electric quads are now readily available and with that in mind, here are a few reasons to choose an electric quad for your child’s introduction to quad riding.
1. Setting The Right Example – When a child is introduced to motoring, it should be clean and renewable energy. There are some aspects of the internal combustion engine that will be missed, such as that amazing sound, but generally speaking, your child is better off starting with an electric quad, as this is the future of transportation.
2. Clean & Renewable Energy – If you are an eco-friendly father, why not let your child get to know the electric quad from the get go? You can buy an electric quad bikes for kids from a leading quad supplier. Take your child to the dealership so they can try out the quad for suitability. Is there any good reason to confuse your child by exposing them to old technology? We think not!
3. Learning Road Sense – Every young person needs to gain an understanding of road sense, and the best way to do that is have them riding a quad on a private track or venue. At what age can a child safely ride a quad? Experts say 10 years old is a suitable age to start riding a small quad, a machine that is governed down to minimum power levels. What could be easier than simply plugging the quad into a power socket and letting it charge?
4. Healthy Outdoor Pursuit – In these days of video games and social media, you need your child to have at least one outdoor pursuit and as you are regular rider, what better way to get your kids into riding. There will come a time when your kids wish to ride motorcycles and if they have a couple of years of quad riding under their belt, this will really help.
5. Safety – Of course, safety should always be a priority and when buying an electric quad for your child, they will need safety gear and clothing. A good quality open face helmet, thick jacket and trousers, books with ankle support, and a decent pair of gloves complete the kit. Prior to riding, go through the safety checks with your child – tyres, quad walk-around and protective gear – and this will soon become second nature.
Image Source: Pixabay
If you think your son or daughter are ready to get into quad riding, choose the electric version. It makes little sense to introduce a young person to something that will soon be obsolete and electric vehicles are most definitely here to stay!